Do you ever crave creamy soup?
It was thunderstorming with a tornado in the horizon,
and all I wanted was some comforting vegetable soup.
Made a hearty soup with my favorite cruciferous veggies,
broccoli and cauliflower paired with some almond milk. :)
Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
salt + pepper to taste
evoo (optional to taste)
1. Steam cauliflower and broccoli florets until tender. Note: Broccoli (5-7 minutes) cooks much faster than cauliflower (10-12 minutes).
2. Puree freshly steamed veggies in a food processor immediately.
3. Add almond milk and puree once more.
4. Add salt + pepper to taste. Add evoo if desired.
5. Serve and eat while sitting in a thunderstorm. :*)
What is your favorite comfort food in a thunderstormy day?