It's the little things that make me smile every day.
today's smile: these pumpkin pb chocolate blondies. :)
Sweet rice flour for the rich, fudge-y texture,
peanut flour + peanut butter for double deliciousness
dark chocolate chunks just because. hehe
It's even gluten free and vegan.
My kind of baking. heehee
What made you smile today?
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chocolate Blondies (Gluten Free)1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup peanut flour
1/4 cup sweet rice flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup peanut butter (+2 tbsp for swirling)
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
4 tbsp canola oil
2.5 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (or your choice)
1. Combine the dry ingredients together.
2. Combine the flaxseed meal and water together. Let it sit for 3 minutes.
3. Combine the wet ingredients: flaxseed mixture, pumpkin, peanut butter, sugar, oil, vanilla extract.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Pour batter into a brownie pan greased and lined with parchment paper.
7. With some extra tbsp of peanut butter, drizzle and swirl.
8. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Other tips: Brush the batter with a thin layer of canola oil if you want a smooth top (unlike my picture). Good gluten free baking tip! :) And do not replace the sweet rice flour with another gluten free flour. It is irreplaceble in terms of the texture it gives to this blondie! :)
November is #squashlove month!
Please join in on the #squashlove fun by linking up any squash recipe (pumpkins, winter squashes, zucchini, anything!) from the month of November 2011. Don't forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #squashlove event! The twitter hashtag is #squashlove :).
Cohosted by these amazing inspirations:
Bakerstreet, Bloc de Recetas, Bon a Croquer, Cafe Terra Blog, Cake Duchess, Elephant Eats, Food Wanderings, Georgie Cakes, Hobby and More, Mike's Baking, My Twisted Recipes, No One Likes Crumbley Cookies, Queen's Notebook, Simply Reem, Skip to Malou, Teaspoon of Spice, The Daily Palette, The Professional Palate, The Spicy RD, Vegan Miam.