I am in love with quinoa lately.
You prolly already knew that. :)
I recently bought red quinoa and quinoa flour
and I knew that gluten free flatbread was on the agenda.
My mom calls me bread girl because I love it so much. lol.
now that i'm officially gluten free,
coming by bread that is..
clean, healthy, vegan, and gluten free is so hard!
But I am pretty happy today after having my share of this deliciousness!
Almond butter + fruit jam with this bread makes me happy.
1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 cup + 1/4 cup water
1/2 cup quinoa flour
2 tsp expellar pressed almond oil
additional seasonings of choice
2 tsp vanilla extract
generous sprinkle of cinnamon
1. Cook quinoa with 1 cup water until the liquid is well absorbed. Let it cool.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Mix quinoa flour, cooked quinoa, 1/4 cup water, and 2 tsp of almond oil together.
4. Add in seasonings. I used vanilla extract and cinnamon for mine.
5. Lightly grease a circular baking pan with almond oil.
6. Put baking pan (with no quinoa batter) into the oven for 2 minutes. Very important step! Prebake the pan to keep the flatbread from sticking later on.
7. Take the pan out of the oven and add in the quinoa batter.
8. Cook for 9 minutes or until you see the flatbread making air bubbles.
9. Enjoy with your favorite salad or nut butter.
Other tips: You can basically add in your seasonings of choice such as italian seasoning. You can make it sweet or savory!
What do you like to eat your flatbread with?