Cacao Cranberry Chocolate Bars
I am officially smitten.
Oh deary me.
Cacao nibs are a superfood, packed with antioxidants, magnesium and a trace of iron. Yes, it helps with the feeling "clean" in your body and gives you a nice boost of energy, how can anyone NOT love that? :) Cacao is chocolate in its rawest form (which is vegan btw). :) I chose to use sweetened cacao nibs (cacao liquor + evaporated cane juice + cacao nibs) since pure cacao can be slightly bitter! And yes, these chocolates are that good for you. :)
Cacao Cranberry Chocolate Bars1/4 cup sweetened cacao nibs
1 tbsp dried cranberries
1 tsp brown rice syrup
1. Mix the cacao nibs, cranberries, and brown rice syrup together until everything is evenly coated.
2. Place the cacao mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and even out with a spatula.
3. Bake for 7 minutes in the oven at 300 degrees.
4. Using cookie cutters, fill each mold with the cacao mixture and press down to flatten.
5. Let the cacao mixture cool in the cookie cutters for 5 minutes before removing.
*Other tips: add 1/2 tsp of light maple syrup for more sweetness.
Pack a cacao bar in your bag for a 'pick me up' snack...
or stash in the refrigerator for 'emergency' chocolate cravings. :)
A good for you, no guilt, chocolate bar. Yes, such things in life exist. :)
Have you tried cacao yet? What is your ultimate favorite chocolate bar?